PowerHockey Toronto COVID-19 Policies and Protocols
(Last updated October 23, 2021)
The COVID-19 policies and protocols listed below have been developed and implemented by PowerHockey Toronto in accordance with current public health guidelines, the City of Toronto, the Ontario government, the Canadian government, parasport organizations nationwide and their return-to-play guidelines, and consultation with the PowerHockey Toronto community. The PowerHockey Toronto Board of Directors reserve the right to amend the COVID-19 policies and protocols at their sole discretion as necessary and refuse participation in any PowerHockey Toronto games, events, or otherwise in relation to noncompliance for players, coaches, volunteers, referees, and attendees.
- All players, coaches, volunteers, referees, and attendees must be double vaccinated for COVID-19, from a Health Canada approved vaccine a minimum of 14 days prior to the date of the PowerHockey Toronto game, event, or otherwise.
- Negative COVID-19 tests will not be accepted as a substitute.
- Proof of double vaccination for COVID-19 must be provided.
- All players, coaches, volunteers, referees, and attendees must complete a pre-screening for COVID-19 within 24 hours prior to the start of the game, event, or otherwise. Further details will be available on how this will be implemented once registration is completed.
- Masks will be mandatory for everyone who is medically able to.
- All players and coaches are asked to schedule all drop-offs and pick-ups so that they are present only for their specific game.
- Players and coaches who require assistance in order to participate in PowerHockey Toronto games, events, or otherwise will be permitted to have one individual to attend with them. Exemptions may be considered by the PowerHockey Toronto Board of Directors on an individual basis.
- All attendees must adhere to proper standards for physical distancing at all times (2 metres/6 feet apart).
- PowerHockey Toronto will ensure that hand sanitizer is readily available and masks will be available for those who are without one. Everyone is encouraged to bring and wear their own mask.